Raakamah, City of Monsters
Huge aberration, Lawful Evil
Armor Class: 18 (natural armor)
Hit points: 233 (15d12+135)
Speed: 20ft., climb 20ft., swim 20ft.
STR 26 (2) CON 28 (0) WIS 14 (3)
Saving Throws Wis 2; see belown), Cha +7
Skills Religion 1), Insight 2), Medicine 2), Deception +7, Intimidation +7
Damage Resistances Bludgeoning, Necrotic
Damage Weaknesses Acid, Radiant
Condition Immunities Blinded, Deafened, Exhaustion, Prone, Stunned, Unconscious
Senses darkvision 120ft., tremorsense 60ft., passive Perception 12
Languages Common, Goblin, Orc, telepathy 100 ft.
Challenge 9 (5000 XP)
Absorb Flesh. The body of a creature that dies while grappled by Ur-Vras is completely absorbed into Ur-Vras’s mass. No portion of it remains to be used in raise dead, reincarnate, or comparable spells that require touching the dead person’s body. If the type of creature absorbed was a living creature, Ur-Vras heals a number of hit point equal to the number of hit dice the creature had.
Regeneration. Ur-Vras ape regains 5 hit points at the start of its turn. If Ur-Vras takes acid or radiant damage, this trait does not function at the start of its next turn. Ur-Vras dies only if it starts its turn with 0 hit points and does not regenerate.
Semi-Amorphous. Ur-Vras can move through a space as small as 5 foot wide without squeezing.
Sunlight Weakness. While in direct sunlight, Ur-Vras has disadvantage on attack rolls and saving throws.
Innate Spellcasting Ur-Vras can cast the following spells innately, requiring no components:
At will: create bonfire (Elemental Evil Player’s Companion, p. 15) (3d8), detect thoughts, eldritch blast (three beams), minor illusion
3/d each: arms of Hadar (3d6), hunger of Hadar
1/d: vampiric touch (6d6)
Multiattack. Ur-Vras makes 1d3+1 slam attacks. Reroll the number of attacks at the start of each of Ur-Vras’s turns.
Slam. Melee Weapon Attack: 8) bludgeoning damage, and the target is grappled (escape DC 18) and restrained. Ur-Vras can grapple any number of creatures simultaneously, and this has no effect on its number of attacks.
At the beginning of each of its turns, Ur-Vras must succeed in a Charisma saving against DC 15 or lose one level of its self. The DC is increased by 1 each turn.
The effects of lost self are as follows (per failed saving throw):
1. Resemblance: The bodily mutations swallow any remaining identifiers specific to Vras such as his face. Parts may occasionally emerge but only momentarily: they act no different from any other part of Ur-Vras.
2. Voice: Ur-Vras becomes unable to produce humanoid sounds. Any attempts to speak result in horrifying moans and gurgles.
3. Personality: Vras’s alignment permanently shifts to Chaotic Evil.
4. Sanity: Vras becomes unhinged. Wisdom permanently becomes 6.
5. Humanity: Vras becomes unable to form coherent thoughts. Intelligence permanently becomes 4.
6. Memories: Vras becomes unable to retrieve any connection with his past self. His previous self is dead.